Promoting your blog is one necessity especially when you’re starting. That’s fine! Most bloggers do it, even bloggers that are making bank, or bloggers like me that are comfortable with their current incomes coming from their blog.
It can be hard to figure out where to promote your blog though. There are so many places! It’s hard to find specific ones or know exactly where to go.
Here are a few places to promote your blog and/or posts:
– Of course, right?! I wrote a whole post about Pinterest here plus don’t forget to grab the ebook to see for yourself how I specifically went from earning very little to earning a large amount from my blog within a few months!
Pinterest Group boards
– Check out this post & this post on Pinterest group boards. BUT don’t forget that all the info you need on Pinterest, including group boards, promoting, why, how, and when to post, is in the ebook. (I don’t BS you, so I actually did write everything in the ebook unlike some others who just want to make money off of you and not tell you everything you need to know.)
Other Social Media’s (This includes Facebook group boards!!)
– Sliding into other social media’s can help you get some much needed publicity that may not be surfing Pinterest. Add them to your list, my go to is Facebook group boards. There are so many group boards you can check out that are filled with other bloggers to ask questions or just share yours while viewing their sites. Check out my other info on social media sites, here.
– As a blogger, I’m sure you’ve heard of Tailwind by now. If not, read about it here. Tailwind is an awesome scheduling app where you can schedule your blog images to Pinterest (even months in advance!) and Instagram now, too!! It’s an amazing site in my opinion and definitely worth it. If you click my link and sign up through it, you’ll get a month of the premium membership for free! (yay free things! 😛 )
Consider writing for another site
– No, it wouldn’t be posted on your blog specifically, but consider writing for another site, or blog. If you do this, you’ll have to search what site/blog will best suit your content and either write and submit or contact the blog owner and discuss with them. This will get a link or a few links to your site and can have the advantage of drawing in that site/blogs followers to your site, and can even gain you new followers! No harm done with this one!
-Look around, there are sites out there that will let you submit your link to a post if it’s relevant to the site’s content. You can submit your link, some sites let you just drop a link, others ask you to write out something, fill out a profile or sign up before doing so. Either way, if you get your content shown on one of those sites you’ll definitely have a chance at getting more views and followers.
Need more help with getting your posts out there? Check out Ten Habits of Successful Bloggers.
Most importantly, have fun!! Remember even in the slow (and beginning) times, you’re doing this for a reason! Don’t give up just because it hasn’t picked up or it’s slowed down for you. Keep working, it’ll be worth it in the long run and you’ll be like me, almost done with college, single mom of two kids who is *gasp* homeschooling both of them! (Something I NEVER, EVER thought I’d do but we love it!)