WHAT. TELL ME HOW! I’d have loved to know this strategy when I started this. Better late than never, right? I mean, I won’t lie, you’ve got to put in a little bit of work. A little is better than a ton, results are better than none, AMIRIGHT? MhMMM we’re not picky around here. We’re trying to grab our audience’s attention.
There isn’t just ONE THING that helped me! There’s a few but I’m going to share them with you because, hey, I’m not the only one out there who wants to stay at home with their kids and be awesome. JK, you’re already awesome and I KNOW you already knew that! 😛
I mean, do you really want that? To work from home? FINALLY gain financial freedom? He double hockey sticks you do! > . > ok I have to admit I haven’t heard that phrase in years. New comeback? Nah.. off subject!
Seriously though, I get to stay at home and be as weird as I want to be all while homeschooling my brilliant children who continue to exceed my expectations.
Enough about me, how can I help you? Well, by offering some advice.
I was struggling for a while to get my blog up and going. I thought about paying for ads to get it out there but my budget is tight and I didn’t really have much to spend on that. Plus, what if it didn’t get me results? I was unsure.
I started doing a few things and experimenting with different sites to see where it would get me. No where, for a while. Then I got lucky!
So what’d I do?
- Post, as often as you can.
- people want to see content, if they come to your blog and you only have one post that interests them, that’s basically one view.
- Make them something your audience wants or needs. What are you writing about? Video games? Can you write a post about the biggest game? Offer some advice? Even research cheat codes? (BC we totally don’t do that here, haha!)
- Point? Make it what others want to read. Write a review. Tell them something they don’t know. Even something they do. Be original. Post a lot!
- I honestly can’t say this enough. Pictures will get you far. Try to have at least two pictures on every post
- There are a million stock photos out there you can grab for free.
- Decide if you want to use free stock photos or make your own. (more about this in a sec)
- Can’t make your own? Me either. Buy a few. There are a bunch out there for sale for pretty cheap. There are even sites that sell you photos for $5 each. Do some research based on your subjects and find what you want
- Pin. Pin a lot!
- Join some group boards and pin on there based on their rules.
- I have a group board open to bloggers of any niche if you want to check it out
- Have original photos
- Why? Because likely your stock photos have been used before.
- Why does that matter? If they’ve been used (even if you put words over them), they don’t end up being ‘rich’ to Pinterest’s computer algorithm.
- Not rich? Well, you won’t be advertised much. It’ll be harder to advertise in your niche bc sometimes the same picture isn’t always used for the same niche.
- Not rich? You won’t be seen as often on the algorithm. It IS a computer program, after all
- Gain real life followers
- Get them HERE, real people wanting to follow you
- You’ll have to watch their videos or like their posts or follow them, but, so?
- The points you get go to whatever you want.
- Grab some followers from it to start yourself out on Pinterest and go from there.
- I’m much rather willing to follow someone with a ton of followers than only a few.
- Join Tail
- This is a HUGE ADVANTAGE
- If you’re still beginning, you can definitely get by with the free version
- It saves SO MUCH TIME & energy
- I could write an entire post about this, honestly.
- Schedule pins, get more pins noticed, join groups.. etc.
- Click this LINK and you can get a whole month of the pro (paid version) for free! (Free. Heck yea!!)
- Seriously. Use Pinterest!!!
- Check out more info HERE. I wrote a whole post about it.
Has any of the above worked for you? Let me know how it’s grown your blog or business over time!!
Feel free to comment or go up and click the contact page to get in touch with me any time!